Get Familiar With Rising TX Artist Jdiggs Tha Prodigy


What is your name and what city do you rep?

Jdiggs Tha Prodigy is my name, I’m from Fort Worth Texas.

Tell us about your latest releases, what inspired you to create them?

My latest release is an EP called 4700. The cover and title are inspired by the house I grew up in which belonged to my grandmother. On this project I got a little more personal with the lyrical content before I delivered the songs people will more than likely repeat. 

What is unique about you and your music?

Me and my music are real life for the most part. I rap about my life most of the time. Sometimes I tell other people’s story for them or tell a story I know listeners might want to hear, but more often than not I rap about my own life. 

What shaped your music? 

Life experiences. I don’t know what else to rap about really. I want people to be able to go look into me and think, dang that song was really about him, and know I’m authentic. 

When did you realize you were going to make music professionally? 

When I learned I could make money from it! Lol jk, but seriously, I used to always tell people it was just a hobby and it would piss other rappers off to no end. Idk if it was because I was good and not really taking it seriously or if it was just a blatant slap in the face to them. I don’t make a legit living off of music, I have a career that pays my bills, takes care of my family and funds my music. Until the music is my primary source of income, I will continue to consider it a hobby. 

What type of music do you listen to? 

I listen to all kinds of music. Obviously HipHop and RnB, but I also listen to Latin music, country, pop and alternative. There was a point in my life where my primary genre of music listening was alternative or emo or whatever you wanna call it. I listened to bands like The Starting Line, The Used, Senses Fail, etc. I still listen to them occasionally. It helps me clear my mind if hiphop and allows me to reset so I can write. 

What inspires you to write music? 

Writing music is my most productive form of expression. When things happen in my life, I write about it. Not everything ends up on beat, but a lot of it does. 

What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about? 

I’m in to cars. With the help of my buddy JRey I rebuilt an older civic and now I’m working on a newer one until he gets out, then we have a 300ZX we are gonna build together. I’m also a career salesman so I put a lot of time into improving my abilities as a salesman ever day. 

Happiness to you is… 

Happiness to me is, as cliche as it sounds, no worries or Hakuna Matata lol. If I can sit at the house and listen to good music, mine or someone else’s, all my bills are paid and my family has more than enough to eat, I’m happy. I’m not in it for all the flashiness or anything, I just wanna be heard. If my music can touch a new listener every day or so, I’m happy. 

What do you wish you were told when you first started making music that you think would help artists just starting out? 

Make the music you want to hear. I’m the beginning I was trying so hard to ride other waves and follow trends that I was getting lost in it. If I didn’t sound any different from the next guy what was gonna get me noticed? When I started making music for myself, to express myself, my FAMbase got larger because I was reaching listeners that felt how I felt.

Tell us about your upcoming projects...

I just released 4700, but my manager Huck already has me working on a 2021 release. This one is gonna be big, I can feel it. It’s a follow up to a previous release and I’m tapping into all the things that I have been told to do over the years. Bigger features, bigger production and the roll out is going to be next level for me. Honestly it’s hard for me to talk about and not want to give out the details. Just stay tuned for this one, I promise no disappointments 

Where do we find you music / music projects?  

All my music is available on all streaming platforms. You have to search for “Jdiggs Tha Prodigy” or else you won’t find me. There is a J-Diggs from the Bay Area and he’s got an established name and fan base, I had to distinguish myself from him, hence the full name. Easiest way of course is my website ITSJDIGGS.com. Make sure to buy some merch too and support a black owned business. Follow me on all social media (twitter/IG/TikTok/Snapchat/etc) its_jdiggs. 

Any last words for the readers?

Yo, I know I may not have said the most profound things in this interview, but you can get to know me better thru social media and my music. Don’t be afraid to connect with me, I will reply in a timely manner. Make sure you all follow your dreams no matter what, if it’s important to you, go out and kill that shit! Holla at me and let’s make magic happen together! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment