Introducing Rising Texas Artist: Living Legend


What is your name and what city do you rep? 

I was born Michael Allen. My artist name is Living Legend but for short, I go by Legend. Due to the military My hometown is Killeen, Texas. While the rest of my family is from Chicago 


Tell us about your latest releases, what inspired you to create them?

Well most recently I released a project called Pre-Game. Which is going to be the first E.P. of a 4 part series. The project is all about the turning up over the weekend. To be free and release the stresses from a long work week.


What is unique about you and your music?

I can honestly say I sound different from everyone. There’s not an artist in the game that sounds the way I do. Also, I’m not afraid to let my producer side over shine the artist in me. For me it’s all about making the best song in the moment.


What shaped your music? 

Everything. Growing up in a Christian home I wasn’t able to just listen to “worldly” music. Instead I had to listen to a lot of classical, gospel, old school r&b. So when I was finally able to listen to want I wanted to. I would listen to any and everything I could find . From heavy metal to rock, pop , house , techno just about anything you’d can think of except country. (LOL)


When did you realize you were going to make music professionally? 

This was actually a long time coming. I’ve always liked music. I Even joined the choir as a kid. But I was always holding myself back because I never wanted to be a typical black guy who happens to rap.

Fast forward in my early 20s I ended up meeting a guy who loved to make music ..so we got along right away, and I would go hang out with him everyday, and just watch him make beats. So one day we’re chilling and he asks me if I wanted to learn how to make a beat and I said YES.  The rest is history, I’ve been making different types of music ever since that day.


What type of music do you listen to?

Everything just depend on my mood. I could waking up listening to anything from the GAP band to Living Colour ...from 2Chainz all the way to Kenny G. I be jamming, It’s all about my mood though.


What inspires you to write music? 

I like to write about my days and what I’m feeling in the moment. I tend to bottle up my emotions and explode . So, writing is my way of getting it out. I can release my feelings and through my pen I’m able to spin a web of my consciousness into a song. And I do this strategically so that you not only hear the music but you feel it. My goal is to stimulate you to a point where someone could see hear and touch my words.


What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and what you are passionate about? 

What can I say , I like making money and living life to the fullest. I’m always looking for new ways to make money, spend it and enjoy myself. 


Happiness to you is… 

The ability to enjoy the moment you in 


What do you wish you were told when you first started making music that you think would help artists just starting out? 

I wish someone would of told me that It’s a marathon not a sprint. Pace yourself. Mental and physical health is important. I say that because I tend to over work myself on my music. Working all night, waking up getting right back to it for weeks, just made me burn out and lose my inspiration. Which in turn kept setting my releases farther and farther back. I’ve learned that balance is key. So now I’m able to work on multiple projects and continue progressing without feeling burnout. 


Tell us about your upcoming projects...

Well I released Pre-Game which is part 1 of a 4 series Ep, around early summer and I’m about to drop “The Party” this Month October and lastly I’ll be releasing “The After Party” and “Recovery” which are still TBA.


Where do we find your music / music projects? 

You can checkout my music on iTunes, Spotif,  Lum, SoundCloud  And YouTube. 


Any last words for the readers?

Yes(side note) ...

I have an Sock Website I just starting a few month ago  called ApparelLegend.com for all my sock lovers.


0 comments:

Post a Comment